Friday, January 16, 2009

Be Happy

On a recent visit to my parent’s house, I spent some time one evening with my Dad and one of my dad’s friends. He’s a family friend that I’ve known all of my life. We sat outside and talked for several hours over a few beers. (Ok, he did most of the talking and I listened, but it was in listening that I gained a wealth of knowledge) As we sat and talked he said something to me that had a deep affect on me and that I continuously repeat to myself daily. He said, “I’m happy, because I choose to be.” That sounds pretty simple right? That is simple, but yet incredibly powerful stuff. My friend said to me, "I control my attitude not the things around me or the things that happen around me. It’s not that I don’t care about the things that happen. I care, but it’s not going to control who I am and how I feel.”

Life is too short to be negative and unhappy. So, from this day forward, I will be happy. I will be happy because I chose to be.

No comments: